PDA

View Full Version : Weird bass drum triplet thing.

SwiTCh
05-31-2003, 03:43 AM
Ok so this will sound very vague but what is virg doing when he plays a rhythm with a straight double bass pattern and then puts triplets in the middle of it. I think you keep the double bass going but double the speed with your right foot (play a double.)

If poss could someone explain the basics of whats going on when he does this.

Thx in advance

SwiTCh

DoubleBass_Rob
06-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Are you referring to "pwitl" from "Stretch"?

jimi
06-01-2003, 04:59 AM
that would be adding 32nd note fill in between, i'm "double-bass"rob knows about this topic! :-)

D.W.A.
07-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Ok so this will sound very vague but what is virg doing when he plays a rhythm with a straight double bass pattern and then puts triplets in the middle of it. I think you keep the double bass going but double the speed with your right foot (play a double.)

If poss could someone explain the basics of whats going on when he does this.

Thx in advance

SwiTCh
LRRLRRLRRLRR L rlr L rlr L rlr L rlr well..............thats the way i learned anyhow

jimi
07-14-2004, 01:01 AM
The MD Fest exercise is RLL RLL RLL RLL R lrl R lrl R lrl RLR, LRR LRR ... etc.

Virgil seems to like symmetrical exercises where the lead limb switches around so as to work both sides equally. I still find you should actually start off with opposite limb, as the phrase sounds different ...

D.W.A.
07-14-2004, 11:53 AM
The MD Fest exercise is RLL RLL RLL RLL R lrl R lrl R lrl RLR, LRR LRR ... etc.

Virgil seems to like symmetrical exercises where the lead limb switches around so as to work both sides equally. I still find you should actually start off with opposite limb, as the phrase sounds different ...
so basically.................ive learned totally the opposite........being a person that leads with his right foot and all :confused:

D.W.A.
07-14-2004, 11:55 AM
so basically.................ive learned totally the opposite........being a person that leads with his right foot and all :confused:
lol..........scratch that last one there.........i see what you were saying now