PDA

View Full Version : Just joined, thought i would introduce my self.

Lucius
10-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Hey guys,
i have been coming to this forum ever since it started, and i really like it! So i thought i should finally join up, you seem such good people, so.. g'day! :D

Me.2
10-14-2003, 07:21 AM
g,day cobber! :)

peter
10-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Hey, hombre! Welcome to Virgil's!

quitou
10-14-2003, 09:05 AM
Welcome, welcome...enjoy yourself

Milo Porto
10-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Welcome...Welcome...enjoy the chat with the fellow drummers in this forum...!! its good to be part of something so wonderful!! ;)
feel free to ask any questions regarding *anything* im sure we would be able to help you one way or another
g'day Lucius:D :D

bootdogs
10-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here. There are some really amazing people that post here.

mauricio
10-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Welcome!!!
Iīve met some great people here....some of them I know from the xplanetx boards, and some are new friends. Please forgive me in advance for my stupid habit of ignoring the threadīs subjects. People always tell me that it is very annoying, but I canīt help it.

Peter posts very informative, precise stuff, and is very patient. Ryhtmtroll is crazy and Drumvarna is funny. Iīm a shy guy, I donīt post very often, but I come here every day. I hope I can help you sometime!

timthedrummer
10-14-2003, 09:08 PM
hey lucius
haha you're not lucios borich from COG are you?? haha
for everyone else, sydney band COG are compared to tool, and loads of drummers reckon he's one of the best drummers in australia

Lucius
10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
hahaha, no im not, although i do like COG quite a lot, and i consider Lucius to be a great drummer, but i thought instead of putting "Luke" as my nickname, i would put something that came to my head that had the letter L to it, that happen to come out :D

timthedrummer
10-14-2003, 09:30 PM
oh i see!
where in sydney do u live, wat bands do u play in, type of kit etc??

Lucius
10-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Tim,
I live in Strathfield, i have 4 bands, one is prog rock, one is mainstream, one is more of an acoustic band, and the other is one i am sort of joining, i dont know if i should though, but they play, shit, i am horrible at describing styles, so ill give that one a miss, the most accurate would be melodic rock, and i have a pearl export soon to be replaced by a DW

alencore
10-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Hi this is Virgil Donati greeting you welcome! (disguised as seened nick...lol...i wish)

btw - any of you guys wondering or am I missing some very few replies of the MONSTER, THE BIG BOSS,THE ULTIMATE DRUMMER HIMSELF, Virgil?

Milo Porto
10-15-2003, 09:28 AM
never did really see him post here..but would really luuuurve to see him pop in once in a while!! :D

mauricio
10-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Virgil actually posted here - thereīs a thread about his health - a supposed injury to his shoulder - , and he commented that it was just a rumor. Iīm sorry I canīt find the thread, but itīs here somewhere

quitou
10-15-2003, 05:37 PM
I remember that mauricio...it was quite a few months ago but I definitely remember reading it...

Lucius
10-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Yep, he was saying why is he always last to know about injuries he suppsed to have. There was a convo going on about how trad grip ruins your shoulder, and how and why certain people went from trad to matched, then the comment came about someone hearing that Virgil had hurt his shoulder becuase of trad grip, so he couldnt go fast or something, thats when Virgil came in and set the rumor straight. Or maybe im an idiot and just created that whole scenario in my head!:D but im pretty sure thats how it happened. You guys probably all remember though.

Christopher
10-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Here's the thread you guys are looking for:

http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&postid=105#post105

Cheers!

Lucius
10-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks man! :D Hey it says, hes made three posts, where are the other 2, does anyone recall what it was about?

kyrah
10-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Hi Lucius, welcome... one post was an announcement of a gig at the Baked Potato, another one was about the Sabian chat (expressing his thanks for the chatters patience).