PDA

View Full Version : Cpt. Killdrums......this is fast!!!! Jesus fuckin Christ

Tool
10-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Check out
www.cptkilldrums.com

See the video clip Cpt Killdrums blasts it up with Brodequin.
Looks like a robot playing.....Iam sure you canīt go faster.
This is REALLY sick!!!!:(

mauricio
10-14-2003, 03:38 AM
Iīll never be able to do what the Captain does.... and Iīm very happy about that.

Tool, Iīm sorry about changing the subject. But I feel obliged to digress a little, given the permanent brain damage that 2 minutes of that clip gave me.

I try to keep an open mind and accept the many different muscial styles that there are, but the Captain really gets on my nerves with that clip. Heīs boring. Heīs very boring. Even if I didnīt play drums heīd sound boring to me - That fact that there are NO dynamic variations whatsover troughout the whole clip makes it a very masturbational experience...well, not exactly - at least I try to change gears while jerking off, thus my masturbational habits are more musical than the Captainīs banging on the drums. Jesus Christ indeed.

Tool
10-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Did I mention dynamics? Itīs the speed dude, I was talking about the speed!!!!
But nice habits of yours.....
You can try to spank your monkey at 140 bpm, film those 5 seconds and put it on the board.

frank
10-14-2003, 05:24 AM
Dude that's sick!

It's even beyond impressive, I'd say this is just plain rediculous! Who'd even want to play THAT fast?? And maybe someone could tell Cpt. Killdrums that he should buy a closed hi-hat or something, cuz that noise is really annoying.. I can't even hear the bassdrums well!

I bet Cpt. Killdrums could masturbate his girlfriend to an orgasm in less then 5 seconds! :P

bootdogs
10-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Wow, talk about a really BORING clip and drumming altogether.

peter
10-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Speed and power... No doubt.

It reminds me of the story of
the rabbit and the tortoise...

On the positive side, his use
of the fingers is effective, on
the single-stroke applications.

Milo Porto
10-14-2003, 09:42 AM
which video clip...i dont see fast playing there!!
which one is it??:(

Milo Porto
10-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Milo Porto
which video clip...i dont see fast playing there!!
which one is it??:(
oops i saw it ..sorry...!!
...wow that was some fast grinding there..BUT i must say he might be on his way to having C.T.S. if he carries on..doing that...i might not have the best technique..but the way i see it...the nerves bloew his palm are gonna go...!! :(

mauricio
10-14-2003, 06:54 PM
The discography section in the Captainīs site is priceless. My favorites:

06 - DYSCRASIA - Retching Up Aborted Feces
08 - DYSCRASIA - Crisp Chunks Of Carnage
09 - DYSCRASIA - Rotten Body Fluids

PUSTULATED
"Pathognomonic Purulency"
01 - Aroma Of Vaginitis
02 - Pus Filled Uterus
03 - Forensic Torture
04 - Pathognomonic Purulency
05 - Emanation Of Pyorrheal Discharge, Forensic Torture (Demo),
Pus Filled Uterus(Demo),
Fermented Innards (Demo)

04 - BRODEQUIN - Raped In The Back Of Chad's Van
05 - NOCTURNE - Hardening Of The Arteries

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D very inspiring

timthedrummer
10-14-2003, 09:28 PM
yeh he is very fast, very machine like but
i would take fear factory's raymond hererra, or pantera's vinnie paul over him anyday- in terms of phat, tasteful metal drumming

TUDW
10-16-2003, 03:21 AM
This is why i like virgil, no fuss, no arguments on how fast he is and all, just virgil.

Xen-
10-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Control and ''correct'' technique is waaay more important than speed.

DavidPartay
10-16-2003, 05:29 PM
amen

Milo Porto
10-17-2003, 02:50 PM
AYE!

Lucius
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I agree, also is it the video or my eyes, or does his arm go on the weirdest angle you have ever seen when you uses his fingers? I agree with Milo, but not only is he gonna ruin his palm, he's gonna ruin his whole damn arm! Its not too good for other peoples heads either, that thing gave me a headache quicker than that guy does singles on the bass drum ;)

Milo Porto
10-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Lucius
that thing gave me a headache quicker than than guy does singles on the bass drum ;)

LOL!! :D

quitou
10-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Definitely impressive in terms of speed...but holy that was annoying...I thought it was funny when they show the guitar player jamming but you can't even hear him playing...all you hear in cymbals everywhere and a snare banging away at insane speeds...pretty funny stuff

SebK
09-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Have you ever been to www.onehandedroll.com something like that, watch one of the films there... i'm pretty sure he can play just as fast, maybe faster! :O

k here it is... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7236057086494737620&q=one+handed+roll

.... oh wait whoops this is a roll... nevr mind yeah hes crazy

DavidPartay
09-19-2006, 05:11 AM
why resurrect a dead thread?!

IronCobraMan
09-19-2006, 02:04 PM
that was wat....280-290 hyper blasting??? im totally unimpressed.... any decent drummer can do that.... u wanna see real hyper blasting done properly...the best ive seen is one of my fellow montreal drummers, alex pelletier or despised icon... his hands are absolutely amazing. and his technique is pretty much flawless

www.myspace.com/despisedicon

DavidPartay
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Neither my hands or feet can do singles faster than 210 for more than a few hits, does that make me not a decent drummer?

creepingsandman
09-19-2006, 04:24 PM
dude how fast is this guy going ???????

Soya
09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
that was wat....280-290 hyper blasting??? im totally unimpressed.... any decent drummer can do that.... u wanna see real hyper blasting done properly...the best ive seen is one of my fellow montreal drummers, alex pelletier or despised icon... his hands are absolutely amazing. and his technique is pretty much flawless

www.myspace.com/despisedicon

You're an idiot.

Matthias
09-20-2006, 12:41 AM
... :rolleyes: ...

The Cpt. Killdrums (yeah :D ) clip by the way reminds me somewhat of standing in a really loud factory.

frank
09-20-2006, 07:09 AM
You're an idiot.

+ 1

hemi
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
There must be another way than to resort to name calling Soya! It's that kind of attitude that almost put this place down a while back.. So you don't like him, SO WHAT! Move on and skip his posts. Calling someone a name makes you look the bad person, especially when someone makes a post like this
http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=5296
about ICM and has no clue he's a member here.
The idea here is to attract more members, not run them off. When someone reads comments like that do you really think they'll want to join and possibly get the same treatment your dishing out? Your posts represent Virgils forum, I'm not Virgil and can't speak for him, but I doubt he'd really care for that kind of representation.

Blast_Duck
09-20-2006, 02:32 PM
i remember the first time i saw this video.
my fart is more musical than this.
its like rapidly swiping a brush over a canvas and saying "wow look how FAST i can paint!"
absolutely ridiculous. and their music is even worse believe it or not.

KarnEvil
09-20-2006, 02:58 PM
my fart is more musical than this.

+2

Soya
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
There must be another way than to resort to name calling Soya! It's that kind of attitude that almost put this place down a while back.. So you don't like him, SO WHAT! Move on and skip his posts. Calling someone a name makes you look the bad person, especially when someone makes a post like this
http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=5296
about ICM and has no clue he's a member here.
The idea here is to attract more members, not run them off. When someone reads comments like that do you really think they'll want to join and possibly get the same treatment your dishing out? Your posts represent Virgils forum, I'm not Virgil and can't speak for him, but I doubt he'd really care for that kind of representation.

I don't think they'll want to join when someone like icm makes a silly comment like he did and does. And my posts do not represent virgil's forum, they represent me.

hemi
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Silly comments are one thing, he's not attacking anyone which is a whole other issue, and yes, de-grading people reflects on this forum(Virgils forum) like it or not!

IronCobraMan
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
never insulted the guy... but all u guys are talking about this guy like he's pushing barriers...not that i can see????

Soya
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
you talk like 280-290 blasting is common place and not difficult for drummers, which is not true.

Jameson
09-21-2006, 09:22 PM
"look how FAST i can paint!"

That's the funniest thing I've ever read, blast_duck!

Matthias
09-22-2006, 09:04 AM
its like rapidly swiping a brush over a canvas and saying "wow look how FAST i can paint!"

That's a good one, really:)! Nice comparison. Although drummers need a certain ability to play fast, to play music in time, which painters don't. They can work on a picture for 2 years if they want. A drummer playing a 4min-tune can't:D.