PDA

View Full Version : TUDW Dvd.

Me.2
10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
On the section where its "Dom and friends",.....Does anyone know who the guy with the glasses is about 4 th along in the line next to weckl and he's playing a pearl Masterworks snare drum?

Btw Dom famularo removes his glasses by accident with his stick in his own solo...I think its 1hr-48mins-38secs into the dvd.
Check it out.

quitou
10-08-2003, 11:32 AM
According to Tim the Drummer, it's pete drummond...go to the pete drummond thread and check it out...I think it's tim the drummer's 2nd or 3rd post in that thread where he mentions it...

Milo Porto
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by quitou
According to Tim the Drummer, it's pete drummond...go to the pete drummond thread and check it out...I think it's tim the drummer's 2nd or 3rd post in that thread where he mentions it...
hmmm
pete drummond..looks pretty nerdy to me!! :D
but he is good man!!:D

jimi
10-08-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm mad about Gerry Pantazis' solo on that DVD, its cool and relaxed and very enjoyable.

@Me.2: ya dom is a bit hyper in general, i watched those cyberlessons on www.vicfirth.com that he gives and half the time he looks like his head is gona explode he's so excited about the drums!:D
btw i want me a funky wisdom woodshed:eek:

Me.2
10-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Thanks guys! :)

Jimi in clinic he's literally Bursting.....I think he's got the worlds enthusiasm........in his hands. *sings song*

Wizdom woodshed lol....Thats a joke for the misses. :D

DavidPartay
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah I'd love to see a clinic from Dom!

He'd probably make me just as excited to play drums just from watching him at the clinic :)

bootdogs
10-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Dom's clinics brings solace to the phrase: "SHUT UP AND PLAY THE DRUMS ALREADY!!!"

Yeah, he talks a lot, but damn it's so interesting to hear him talk...his playing his really damn funny as well.

timthedrummer
10-09-2003, 06:22 PM
milo reckons pete drummond is a nerd?
no he's just very humble- and just wait for the new TUDW dvd with him on DRUMSET... then u'll see wat he's capable of!

quitou
10-09-2003, 06:28 PM
I can hardly wait...even though I've never heard the guy before, from what timthedrummer says and everything it says about him on his website, I'm sure he just a complete freak....and it's good to know that he's humble....a that is that damn good and still down to earth is very cool....he actually wrote me back when I emailed him and took the time to write a pretty detailed response...sounds like a pretty cool cat to me

Me.2
10-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by timthedrummer

No,..he said he looks nerdy.

To be honest he does look like the bullied guy from school,.....Perhaps thats his image? He did then say he's a Good man so,....i dont think he's having a dig at pete. just an observation....First impressions as they say. :)

Milo Porto
10-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by timthedrummer
no he's just very humble- and just wait for the new TUDW dvd with him on DRUMSET... then u'll see wat he's capable of!

i meant he looks like a nerd...but i know he izznt!! one!:D

Holand
10-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Talking about the next TUDW dvd...
Does anyone have any info on when it is gonna be released?

@jimi: who was Gerry Pantazis again? It's been a while since
I watched the dvd.

jimi
10-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Blonde guy with a goatie playing along with a funky slap bass dude and a joe satriani-esque guitar dude. it's my 2nd fav solo on the DVD:)

TUDW
10-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Yeah, drumtek said that it be reliesed near christmas. Its going to be mad, with:
Thomas Lang
Pete Drummond
Jhon Blackwell
Gustavo Meli
Jimmy DeGrasso
Darryn Farrugia
Vera Figueiredo and more.
IT will be mad!

quitou
10-11-2003, 07:35 AM
With a line up like that it's sure to be great!!! I can hardly wait!!!

quitou
10-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Where do you order that DVD from...I know it's not out yet, but for the future when it does come out???

Me.2
10-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Drumtek quitou. I think Voricity as well as,... they are part of the same organisation.

Also dom famularos site and audiophile imports. The web pages will come up if you do a search here under any of those names listed.

timthedrummer
10-12-2003, 11:20 PM
i dont enjoy gerry patazis's playing too much on the dvd...
from what he plays its not that hard (compared to the other guys) and he looks kinda hunched to the left hmmm
i like to watch guys that are intense u know not full on relaxed playing 4/4, darryn farrugia IS an exception cuz he's relaxed while playin sweet grooves/solo's etc

jimi
10-13-2003, 06:18 AM
Ya its the relaxed, chilled out fluency that i like, timthedrummer!
of course his tech ability doesnt compare to others, but if i was to think like that all the time i wouldn't listen to anyone other than virg, vinnie etc.

bootdogs
10-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Yeah, Farrugia is really good on that DVD. Very very fluid playing and really good all around.

timthedrummer
10-13-2003, 08:54 PM
yeh dont get me wrong
i like gerry as a player
just not 'exciting' to watch
and i think if ur gonna do that style u may as well go crazy