PDA

View Full Version : Soul Sirkus Meet and Greet/Concert

mgray
04-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone,

Did anyone go to the Soul Sirkus meet and greet yesterday (4/9/05) in Boston at Daddy's Junky Music? I went, and although the band didn't play, it was a great time. All of the guys are really humble, especially Virgil. I told him that he's an inspiration to us all, and is truly the cutting edge of technical innovative drumming today. I was so happy to see his face light up, and say "Hey, thanks, dude!" Haha, it was so great! I brought a copy of Power Drumming, as well as a few other of my favorite selections from his library for him to sign. His bandmates got a kick out of the picture on the front of the video, and Virgil couldn't help but laugh. I didn't really talk to the other members that much, because I was truly there to meet Virgil. I would have liked it much better if Virgil stepped behind a kit, obvioiusly, and I asked him after the event was over if he could. He really looked like he wanted to for a second, but he kindly replied with a smile, "Man, I need a day off!" We both shared a laugh over that, and I told him it was ok. He told me that if I came to the Soul Sirkus show tonight, he would do a personal demonstration for me! I was blown away by that. Is anyone going to the show tonight? Hope to see you there! Cheers.

kirk
04-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Very Cool story, a personal demonstration WOW!! good for you Man. Wish I was there.

Kirk

Markdude465
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Wow...

How could you have worked up the nerve??? If I were in that situation... nuh-uh. No way. I'd probably manage a half-baked smile and a spacey-type "hi," but uh... wow, man. No way.

(hmm, funny, it's the same with most girls I meet. :o :p )

mgray
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Haha, I understand man. I really thought about it for a while before asking him, but it was my friends and I, and a few other people in the store at that point besides the band, so we didn't think that much of it. My friends and I decided that we had come all this way, and it wouldn't hurt to ask. The worst thing he could say was no. It truly would have been a dream to have him sit down and play for me, but hopefully I can see it up close some other time. I told him that he needs to come to Massachusetts to do a clinic ASAP, so hopefully he'll be here soon. Come to Massachusetts, Virg!!