PDA

View Full Version : I Met Virgil tonight!

MikeTheater
04-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Holy crap, this is my first post, but i just wanna let everyone know that i met virgil tonight. i saw him w/ soul sirkus at bb kings, and it was awesome. After the show this really nice guy gave me his drumstick that he just happened to get, so that was awesome of him, thank you dude, wherever you are. So then i stuck around and didnt get kicked out even tho i didnt have a pass, i waited a while and virgil finally came out. i made my way over to him and we started to talk, i told him how the guy gave me the stick ,adn he was like "oh, i thought he was a girl" lol, awesome, he signed my drum head, and then took a pic with me, then we stared talking, he gave me advice on practicing, and we talked about doubles and 'dog boots'. He was just so cool, i was so in awe of him, but he seemed so humbled, that was the amazing part, i dunno, he is the man tho, and tonight was probably one of the best nights ever.

kirk
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Glad you had a Great time Mike. Seeing Virg and even more having the chance to pick his Brain and hang out for awhile is a Wonderful experience.

Kirk

cobra
04-07-2005, 10:06 PM
the sound was so BAD at the BB KING, even worse than when i saw Y.Malmsteen there.. it was the worst Virg show I attended( soundwise). THE MAN was great as usual, but played only one short solo ( accompanied by latin riff). BB KING- get rid of your soundman and fix the soundsistem...

vdreignsuponus1
04-08-2005, 04:37 AM
i still have never seen virgil live, nor have i met him. as i mentioned before, the only time i remember him coming close to south mississippi was at the rosebud piano house (i think it was called) but it was torn down..BLAH!!

so please make ur way near me mr. donati! maybe somewhere between me and cjc!

mafzz
04-08-2005, 05:07 AM
I didn't meet Virgil last night. Was shooed away by the bouncers 'cause i didn't have a pass. waited around outside for a while, but couldn't stand there all night. I know it's not Virgil's fault. He's really usually very approachable and happy to talk. I thought the show was fairly good. The short solo Cobra mentions was during a Hendrix medly starting with Voodoo Chile (slight return) then into 3rd Stone From The Sun. It was during 3rd Stone Virgil took his "solo". highlight of the night for me. Oh yeah I forgot; Virgil was singing harmonies!!!! With all he does, the guy sings too???? The show seemed very short & there was no encore. They ended at 9:30. Would've loved to have stuck around a bit more to have Virgil sign the picture of me & him from the Bottom Line 2 years ago.
I feel for those who have not seen Vigil live. It really is something to experience up close & personal.

Drumblast
04-08-2005, 06:35 AM
the sound was so BAD at the BB KING, even worse than when i saw Y.Malmsteen there.. it was the worst Virg show I attended( soundwise). THE MAN was great as usual, but played only one short solo ( accompanied by latin riff). BB KING- get rid of your soundman and fix the soundsistem...
The sound was bad at my show. They had their own sound guy. If they had used the guys at the Birchmere, they would have sounded killer. They need to get someone who can mix better, the guy they are using is not cutting it.

vdreignsuponus1
04-08-2005, 05:12 PM
i still have never seen virgil live, nor have i met him. as i mentioned before, the only time i remember him coming close to south mississippi was at the rosebud piano house (i think it was called) but it was torn down..BLAH!!

so please make ur way near me mr. donati! maybe somewhere between me and cjc!

and i found that date!

"Jan. 24th - Roseberry Piano House - Hattiesburg, MS"

in 2000..

MikeTheater
04-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, as the sound goes, the bass was way to high, also about the set, they had a MUCH longer set planed, but bb kings made them shorten it to 90min. they said virgil was gunna do a real solo, and that theres was a lot more songs planed, Jeff Scott Soto was really pissed at it, mostly the whole band was, i wanna try and post some pics from the show, but i dun know how, i dunno whatever, but yeah i still had a really good time, i dun even know how i pulled off staying, while i didnt have a pass either, i was super lucky last night, i'm still like in awe.

vdreignsuponus1
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
www.villagephotos.com