PDA

View Full Version : Adam! Tell Us Whats Happening With These Doubles! We Havent Heard Anthing From You!

TUDW
09-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Adam, how is it going? Tell us whats happened and all. You havent talked about it and its been more than a month. Please reply.

Adam
10-03-2003, 12:18 PM
wow, sorry guys! I have had NO time to come here lately. The doubles thing went really well. I'm suprised! The first week was really good and then I started backing off slowly (you know, forgetting to practice, etc). I'm at 160-ish now, wich is great concidering when I started it was 100. I didn't make it to 200 though :(, oh well. I will get there someday, and now I know it's possible :)

I do however think that this is the best way to practice. It's kind of obvious that it's true...but sometimes when we practice we get caught up in our "comfort zone". The idea is to keep pushing your limit and have no set goal, and no limit to how good we want to get. I'll stop rambling on though:)

peter
10-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Adam, buddy! We were worried
about you! Glad to hear that you
have made progress and I know
that there is more coming for you.

I'm working hard at it myself, always
pulling for my fellow kickers, here
at Virgil's! :)

jimi
10-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Cool, good stuff adam, sounds like you learned some important lessons from your task! and listen to peter, he represents Virg's wiseness on this board!:)

timthedrummer
10-05-2003, 05:33 PM
adam can u tell us exactly what exercises u were doin? were u playing them in beats and stuff? and were u just setting the metronome faster every day?
cheers

Adam
10-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Setting the metranome faster every day. I was going for speed and controll and so I would get comfortable with one tempo and then increase once I was in that comfort zone or aproaching it. I did rudiment exersises (5 stroke, 4 stroke, paradiddles etc) and stuff like that.

Milo Porto
10-14-2003, 01:03 PM
...hard work pays off....

there is no short cut to acheivement! :D

always remember the three P's

Practice, Practice, Practice:D