PDA

View Full Version : my first clinic...!!

Milo Porto
09-25-2003, 03:16 PM
guys id like to share with you the joy of my first clinic..!! :D

http://www.rp.edu.sg/highlights_drumbassworkshop.htm

quitou
09-25-2003, 04:39 PM
right on...way to go...your very own clinic...very cool...Virgil better watch out...you're gonna be hot on his heels (hahaha).

BrettLee
09-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Yo Milo Porto, Damn cool man!! I think I need to attend your drum clinic somedays.. Might get some good pointers .. eheh...

Cheers!!

Milo Porto
09-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by quitou
right on...way to go...your very own clinic...very cool...Virgil better watch out...you're gonna be hot on his heels (hahaha).

ya right!! more like im still at his heels level! :p

alencore
09-28-2003, 08:51 AM
wow! that's really cool Milo! keep it up.

jonberg
09-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Yeah, thatīs cool :D

I also had a couple of clinics for about 2years ago. it was scary but good experience, playing all by yourself for a crowd...thatīs nervcrecking :D

Keep it up Milo!

Milo Porto
09-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by alencore
wow! that's really cool Milo! keep it up.

Thanx!

Selamat po!:D

Milo Porto
09-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jonberg
Yeah, thatīs cool :D

I also had a couple of clinics for about 2years ago. it was scary but good experience, playing all by yourself for a crowd...thatīs nervcrecking :D

Keep it up Milo!

Really??!! Wow! do you have pics of that clinic??:D

What do you discuss about at your clinics...do you start off with a drum solo or do you play along to a tune?

i start mine with a short solo!
as it is my first clinic...i was pretty nervous...but i guess i pulled through.......*i hope* :(

DavidPartay
09-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Dude, I wish I could do some clinics ;)

jonberg
09-29-2003, 06:44 AM
I only have one picture from a paper review, I regret that I didnīt take some pictures.

I displayed hand/foot technique, coordination, different styles and playing to records...I recorded a demo version dogboots with a friend of mine so I played to that.

I also showed some leftfoot claves and so on.

I havenīt done any since then, I canīt understand how I dared to do a clinic back then...I would be scared to death if I would do one now :D

Cheers!

alencore
09-29-2003, 09:22 AM
you're so humble, jonberg. you can do it again as long you kill those savy other drummers first, hehehe just kidding. i was planning to do something informal but didn't got through, tnk god, lol.

i like the private way of sharing and trading stuff though.

Milo Porto
09-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by alencore
you're so humble, jonberg. you can do it again as long you kill those savy other drummers first, hehehe just kidding. i was planning to do something informal but didn't got through, tnk god, lol.

i like the private way of sharing and trading stuff though.

hmmmmwhen i got this offer...i sdaid okay..then i pissed in my pants.... then i thought...if im not ready now..when the hell would i be ready...i believe sometimes you just have to throw yourself into the fire...and see how badly burnt you are when you come out of it....the more you get thrown into the fire...the better you know how to get out of it quicker and minimize the damage!:D

Milo Porto
10-03-2003, 02:12 PM
for those in this forum who has done clinics....what do you start with ???
...i.e. drum solo, playing along to tracks....??