PDA

View Full Version : Double pedal beater angle. How can I adjust? HELP!!

magdalena
02-17-2005, 05:10 AM
I've got a Pearl (what I think is a P201) but here's a picture of the same one someone's selling on ebay:

pedal picture (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7300610594&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting)

Question: I can't for the life of me get the left beater the same angle as the right. It's been dropping more and more below the right for the last few weeks now. Is it just knackered or what?

I've adjusted the L shape drum key bolts next to the left beater and the same bolts across, above the left beater, but all that seems to shift is the left pedal angle.

If you go to the large picture of the link you can see what I'm talking about, as this pedal isn't as adjustable as the ones I'm sure most of you use like Iron Cobra's etc

Also, how can I adjust the right pedal angle and right beater height?! I feel like I'm looking at a circle and trying to figure out why it's not a square right now!

Big piece of Dundee cake from Scotland for whoever helps!

John Thompson
02-17-2005, 05:39 AM
hahahaha thats hillarous man i have the exact same pedal in single form (it is double bass but i dont have the left side!) i hear that man with my single i play grooves with it the beater does move around even on mine! but when i play single foot everytime i have to reset the pedal up tweak it so to speak its a peice of **** but better then nothing! im always changing action on that pedal and resetting the beaters for those. i remmber when i got mine my springs where so shot and worn (2nd hand) i replaced the springs, and it worked a little better .if i where you id simply buy some new hardware for your kicks replace the peices that are pissing you off,because i have that pedal and it always gives me trouble!