PDA

View Full Version : Post your stick trick, twirl or crossover ideas here...

cjcdrums
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Here's a thread for the showmen among us, so if you've seen or figured out any badass tricks or gimmicks used to wow audiences, feel free. As for me, I'm partial to Thomas Lang's cymbal crossover technique, Portnoy's left hand fake-twirl-into-a-cymbal-crash manuever, and all of Virgil's astonishing beat-all-of-your-drums-and-cymbals-to-a-pulp-while-doing-doubles-at-200-bpm trick... move... things.

cjcdrums
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
By the way, if anyone knows how to do that, or the two-handed-hitting-crash-cymbals-while-spinning-sticks technique, please spill the beans.

IronCobraMan
01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
dude... buy the tomas lang dvd... theres a section on stick tricks...everything will be unvailed... seriously....do urself a favor and buy it

cjcdrums
01-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the tip pal, but I've already bought that twice (long story). You're right, though, he's awesome. His crossover move is fantastic.

Thunderboom
01-11-2005, 06:40 AM
crossover technique is kewel, if you have the chance to use it you can easily wow an audience. Be an entertainer.

MDF03
01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Here's a nifty trick,

Trigger your kit, set all presets to extremely sensitive. Ask your band to play while
you dance around your drumkit ! Your kit will play itself and you will look like a
champion !
P.S. Works best for death metal bands !!!!