PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin 2003 dvd

alencore
12-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Guys i finally saw it!!! ooh sorry if i'm late to know such dvd. Bonzo's drum solo on moby di ck around 69 or 70...man! it's freaky!!! i'm so sleepless bec. of this dvd i'm going to kill the owner who lended me his copy, LoL!

so what's your comments guys about this dvd?

MaltBuddow3
12-05-2004, 02:46 PM
lars ulrich

alencore
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
yeah those at disk 1 are just sweet! the LZ guys so young and conquering the the rockin music world each song the play.

i'm still restless i'll read that MD## bonzo issue for awhile. wana re-learn the viking drummer history. yeah for me bonzo is like a viking playing drums.

dcdrmwthme
12-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Love John Bonham...so many drummers could physically do more than he could, but no one had his touch. Absolutely perfect placement of all his notes. Hes one of the best ever.

Its hard to think of the word "groove" with a heavy band like Zep, but he did just that. Give me Bonzo over any of these guys playing today at 10000 miles per hour, but with no feel. Its a shame lots of younger players today dont recognize him, yet think that playing syncopated/modulated/permutated/double stroke rolls with their feet, at 260BPM is important.

I can go on and on about this guy...

alencore
12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
hehe, amen to that!

D.W.A.
12-10-2004, 02:22 AM
a prime example of ''less is more'' all the way

alencore
12-15-2004, 08:48 AM
yeah of course bonzo played it straight and sometimes he pour tons of heavy stuff but at the right bar or bars of course.

those heavy drum fills at song "since ive been loving you" and "stairway to heaven" oh man can't touch those.

he basiclly hold half of LZ sound and style imo. too bad he died quite early.