PDA

View Full Version : FAVORITE "OTV" SONG AND WHY?

Leaping Cat
12-03-2004, 08:31 PM
This question has never been asked so thats why I am asking it.

I want detail and emotion!

I want the soul reason why you like the song and what makes you like it more than any other song on the album! What do you think attracts your senses to the song!

Im really interested in this so please give me detailed posts. Please!

Leaping Cat
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Ill tell you my favorite song after I recieve 20 posts. And I have trippy reasons fro the song I picked and a long story to tell.....Oh there were such pretty colors everywhere..... ~~~~~~~ 20 posts! ....Is it a deal?

morgenthaler
12-05-2004, 08:04 AM
My favorite is Alien Hiphop.
I have spent hours, days and weeks listening to that song.
The main groove is to me absolutely stunning rythmical art.
The ending of the song still after 5 years of INTENSE listening, sends shivers down my spine...EVERYTIME!
Amazing piece of work.

That said, I love the album as a whole.
By far my favorite of all fusion albums...

C.J.
12-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Native Metal, the power from this song is just amazing ! I get shivers listening to that opening riff, you can really feel the power of Virg... It's like an apocaliptic anthem. Love it !

kyrah
12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
This is a tough decision to make, because I like them all, for various reasons. If I'd have to choose I'd probably pick Out Of The Haze - I like the uptempo feel, the groove, the emotional side, the almost "classical" touch of it.
The OTV cd is still my favourite and that's why I digitally cut little bits out of every track to use with my windows as "boot music". So working with my PC has at least a good start now. ;)

frank
12-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Out of the Haze

but I think all those songs are brilliant...!!

jimi
12-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Alien Hip Hop i'd say, Pentathlon a close second though!

Matthias
12-06-2004, 01:19 PM
I looooooove the whole album, and it would be the event of the century (so far :D ) if OTV2 came out!!!!

Tough decision, nearly every song is a favourite!! I'd rather say which one I don't like TOOOO much compared to the others: That would be Pentathlon. And I also don't always enjoy listening to Trencherman (that's the tune with the solo's in it, isn't it?) Great great solos but listening to it gets more and more boring.
But I also love
The Power of Native Metal
The intriguing Alien Hip-Hop
The sick polyrhythms of Pyramids on Mars
The nice groove and melody of Out of the Haze
The Power of Invasion of the Ants
And I think I could mention Running from the Aliens as a special favourite. I love the drumming on that, and the jazzy and schizophrenic harmonics :) !

DavidPartay
12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I've always loved Pyramids on Mars and Native Metal.

I can play Pyramids on Mars, except I'm not fast enough with my feet to easily do the double bass roll at the end :(.

frank
12-07-2004, 07:31 AM
I've always loved Pyramids on Mars and Native Metal.

I can play Pyramids on Mars, except I'm not fast enough with my feet to easily do the double bass roll at the end .

I don't quite understand the double bass drum stuff he's playing at the end... What's going on there? Can anyone explain this to me?
I can play the rest of the song, no big deal.. but that ending sounds very strange!

morgenthaler
12-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Oh I just had to mention "Dragon Bones"!
The uncanny doublebass assault in unison with the bass/guitar is frightening!

shaftninja
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Oh I just had to mention "Dragon Bones"!
The uncanny doublebass assault in unison with the bass/guitar is frightening!
Set it the **** off!

I LOVE that part.

Leaping Cat
12-07-2004, 04:02 PM
wow thats...lots of detail? lazy peeps be typing not.

NATATAEK
12-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Where can i get this music? any downloads available? (seeing as im a student and therefore have NO money) :p

frank
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Right on Morgenthaler! :)
That is probably the sickest drumrythm I've ever heard, together with Pwitl and Drumspeak! :) This is even more complex! I always freak out when I hear that part.

DavidPartay
12-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Frank - I think the double bass bit at the end is played using double strokes, and he does the accents on the right foot as single strokes or something... It does sound hard... I'll have a close listen to it at some stage.

tyra
12-11-2004, 05:21 AM
The whole album is a masterpiece and therefor it's almost impossible for me to pick out just one song. They're all great!
But ok, just to name one I'd say Sort Yourself Out - simply a cool song
Then again I might have chosen any other song...