PDA

View Full Version : OTV ll

morgenthaler
08-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi Everybody!

How many of you would be interested in a follow up to Serious Young Insects?
I am asking because I think it would be a nice thing to let Virgil know...
I personally think of that album as the most complete prog-fusion album ever,- even better than any of the Planet X albums (incl Moonbabies) (Not that any of these are bad at all!!!)

It would be a fun thing to ask him to check out this thread if all of you chimed in on this wish, from us.... his most trusted fans.

Am I just a foolish dreamer?
I think that a follow up to OTV would be simply fantastic.

All the best to all of you,

Hip Alien
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
I couldn't agree with you more !!! I remember asking 'Virgil' after a clinic in 97' if he was going to record with that band after having heard a few sequenced tracks at Drumfest ! Please 'Virgil', we want more !!

peter
08-18-2003, 08:55 AM
This is one bug I got for keeps!

Gimme' more!

Fede
08-18-2003, 09:45 AM
I'm right behind you, Jeppe!!!

I saw Virgil at the Copenhagen clinic in october 2000, after beginning to hear more and more people talking about this Australian Phenomenon. Needless to say me and my friends were blown away, blablabla...different story (but true)

Anyway, I only had enough money to buy one album in the bar after the clinic and I ended up buying SYI. Since then the Virgil-collection has grown rapidly and radically (most recently "Joel Hoekstra - The Moon is Falling" which I found on my doormat when I came home 30 minutes ago. Kicks ass so far!) but I must say nothing beats SYI!

It truly is the ultimate prog-album. Absolutely amazing in all ways imaginable. My favourite Virg-recording to date, and that says quite a bit! So yes, a new OTV-album would be a godsend!

maggimus
08-18-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm with you all the way guys!! The SYI album is a killer and I'd love another release from this incomparable band.

kirk
08-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Well I know I have already thrown my 2 cents at him concerning this. I have a funny feeling down the road there will be something to follow up. Will it be The original OTV band maybe not but he will do another solo disc and it will ROCK!! I sure hope my hunch is right. And yes let's harass him till he can't take it no more and he has to relent.;)

Kirk

v1rotate
08-18-2003, 01:23 PM
I am almost sure it won't be the same line-up according to someone I know involved with the original project. Can't let out too many details but there has been talk of the follow up. Will it happen? We'll have to wait.

jimi
08-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Virg, if not for us, what about the kittens??

rythmtroll
08-18-2003, 03:51 PM
I can tell all of you honestly that I just recently started listening to the ON THE VIRG ALBUM. I think its a fantastic album. And yes one of the best Prog-Rock albums ever imagined and layed down on the sheets. BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST! and yes If I could say one thing to Mr.Donati it would be to please make a OTVII. That would be the best treat to all of his loyal and forever devoted fanatics. And Im sure you have a blast playing with those guys as well. Just listen to those melodys come out of those intruments. And those boards are soooooo pretty sounding and extremely supportive. Its very interesting to hear Virgil soloing on the keys as well. My only critiq on the whole drumset thing is I just wish he would have stayed with PREIMERE. but thats just me and Im sure theres a very good reason that he switched. The PEARL does have a very different sound. Switch is good though. and ive learned to accept it . But please make another OTV. Please!!!!!!! RythmTroll here, signing out!

rythmtroll
08-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Dragon Bones slaughters the Prog Competition, if there is any. Is there??????

mauricio
08-18-2003, 09:39 PM
OTV is my all-time favorite album. I will crap my pants the moment I hear the first seconds of OTV II. Iīm sure that, as we speak, some agreements regarding its production are being made. Too bad the line up canīt be the same....btw why on earth would any of the muscians involved in OTV not want to be a part of OTV II?

Skitza
08-19-2003, 06:12 PM
yes OTV II would be awesome as the first is amazing.

STAVROPOULOS
08-20-2003, 07:46 AM
hey guys i wish i could find some of virgil's albums here,but i can't!but every solo release is really welcomed by all the fans of a musician,so i hope he will release something,although i won't find it damn it!jimi told me of a web page that i can order cds,but it is difficult to pay 25euros or more for a cd!but if this is the only way......
hey,do not forget the play along,hehe!

frank
08-25-2003, 06:22 PM
OTV 2 would be AWESOME!!! OTV is the my favourite CD in my entire cd collection! Not only is the album very progressive and complex, it's also jazzy too, AND it rocks like hell!! I can't imagine any CD being greater than this disc!!

Virgil PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ make an OTV2?!?!?!? :)

DoubleBass_Rob
08-26-2003, 05:29 AM
Hell yeah, aside from the awesome technical ability shown by all musicians involved, it's also got tonnes of awesome tunes. Well, just 11. But it's fantastic from start to finish. Definately my favourite drum sound of all time. It's Virgil to a T. We want more!!!

TUDW
09-06-2003, 05:15 AM
We are really good at busting his balls, arent we?
OTV2, sick mate.