PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Drum Fest

Xen-
11-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Virgil,

What happened?

Christopher
11-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Were you there? - Highlights are coming up! :)

nevesis
11-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Post quick Chris :)

Xen-
11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Of course I was there. What I meant is why did he leave so quickly? He didn't seem to feel so fine.

nevesis
11-14-2004, 11:41 AM
^ How did he play?

Christopher
11-14-2004, 04:01 PM
It was one of the sickest shows. THE sickest one of the weekend if you ask me. He was litterally on fire...there was no stopping him! :)

He didn't come with any tracks to play along to. Then again, it was a "DRUM FEST". People only want to hear drums. Not only that, but he made a great addition to his kit - The Sky Toms!

He knew that he was going to play with the sky toms. For this to happen, he had to be in the warm up room pretty much the whole day on saturday to get used to his kit. He made a couple of modifications to his rack so that he wouldn't need a front rack - Only the racks on the side. Everything worked out perfectly and he was litterally feeling great from the crowd. He really digs the crowd in Montreal.

I will post some highlights by sometime tomorrow for everyone to see. The solo feature will also popup for the Premium Members soon after.

Xen-
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
He played like a monster!

The thing is he seemed out of breath, almost dazed, after his insane 30 min. solo. I think he really... REALLY gave it all!

Virgil said he didn't bring any tracks to play with, so some guy asked him about singles. Virgil replied: ''Oh... I knew I forgot about something...''. OK... That was F*CKING FAST, Virgil.

Small thing... When you say you're going to break down the Drumspeak groove, please don't start playing it at top speed.

There's no doubt it was THE show of the weekend. I really liked the Drumbassadors, too.

Thanks for the new hand-outs and for being an inspiration to us all!

jimi
11-15-2004, 06:22 AM
Yeah! Glad to hear that it actually was THAT sick a show!! Im used to hearing people on other boards raving about him, but perhaps it was their first time seeing him live, or they simply dont know much, and it seems like magic or something!! I'm definitely looking forward to highlights! Don't be too skimpy with them Chris! ;)

lynam
11-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm more a reader than a poster, and I must say that I'm always impressed by what Virgil does...
As the last break of the day was going on, my heart starts to beat faster in anticipation. By the firsts footsteps that Virgil made on stage the crowd was already up giving him wonderful ovation. The ambiance was fantastic! I don't know what he ate this Saturday, but he was sure in great shape. I was once again amazed by the power that emerge from him and his sound was so great. Virgil made a wonderful solo. My friend was totally thrown away at the beginning of his solo. I was thinking inside of me "hehehe... wait my friend, you haven't heard anything"... that's when Virgil starts demoing what can be done with his feet. I tought at one point, that I would saw a beater going throught the bass drum... power power power. Even if I saw him many times I was thrown away too. I wasn't able to concentrate in understanding... too much information at the same time for my little brain!

The "Single demo" part was really cool and I laughed when he said "Doubles... that's too easy... how about tripplets!" this can be called "self-confidence" :-)

I was a little surprised too to see him quit the stage so fast. But, since he gave so much, it doesn't made me feel like I need more (I would have take more... but I think they were a bit thight on schedule, so maybe they ask him to give the same power&energy in less time!!! :-D )! I can even say that I would have pay 54$ only to see Virgil and would still feel that I get enough for my money!

I agree with you Xen the Drumbassadors were cool too! :-)

Chris, I you saw an increase in bandwidth usage... it might be me, refressing the page to see when you will post your "highlight". If you can put the "Singles" in your clip, it would be appreciated!

Thanks again Virgil, Hope to see you again soon in Montreal!!!

Michel

kirk
11-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Sounds like he did some thing's that took bar EVEN HIGHER!! is is possible? :D
Cannot wait to see some clips! Triplet's now, doubles are TOO EASY, good grief what is next?

Kirk

D. Slam
11-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Here we go! I can see it now, a whole new thread.... How fast are your triples???

Christopher
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
The highlights are now online guys, check it out.

The "single stroke" request has also been added for extra giggles.

Enjoy!

morgenthaler
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
It's fucking awesome is what it is that it is...is it!

ataraxia
11-16-2004, 03:50 PM
:( this thread has only made me sad ... sad that i haven't seen him. does he tour the UK doing solos, or will he soon?

D. Slam
11-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Virgil is a pretty sick individual. He has rasied the different technical standards of drumming to a level that few will ever reach...

What a great time to be alive!

D.

D.W.A.
11-17-2004, 12:55 AM
those clips are fucking unreal......theres no other way to put it....ive still got a ''stupid grin'' on my face......seriously though....i cant get over it. people really need to face the fact.....seriously speaking.....this guy HAS to be the best period. if theres someone that can top him now.....its just redicoulas.

jimi
11-17-2004, 06:24 AM
He's got incredible control! I can't wait to see more highlights!! :D

Actually his feet are probably better than many peoples hands ...

alencore
11-17-2004, 10:39 AM
All Hail Virgil!!!

jagdkommando
11-17-2004, 11:20 AM
he always has a good humor :) ... the crowd seemed to be really incredibly noisy :)

Christopher
11-17-2004, 01:34 PM
he always has a good humor :) ... the crowd seemed to be really incredibly noisy :)
That's Montreal for you. Very receptive. :)

C.J.
11-18-2004, 05:19 AM
One Day Virgil will be a legend, in 40-50 years he will be spoken of as Robin Hood, Atlantis and all that stuff. The legendary drum monster that stomped them all !!!

But for know WE are the previleged people who are allowed to witness all of this, I'm going to appreciate every second of it, just like a nice glass of fine red wine.

Keep it up Virgil \m/

alencore
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
that's the greatest kiss ass i've read so far CJ...HAHAHA! ....just kidding.

alencore
11-18-2004, 01:06 PM
hhehe, the forum members here are going to be legends as well atleast in their own turf. you guys rule....HAHAHA!!!

bootdogs
11-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Were you there? - Highlights are coming up! :)
I was there Chris, but I didnt see you this time around :(

Oh well, next time I guess.