PDA

View Full Version : CAB dvd

ying-yang
08-14-2003, 11:39 AM
thinking of getting this dvd.......

can someone tell me what its like. is it some of virgils best playing?.......how long is it?,,,,,,sound and video quality good?...........worth the money???

thanks

kirk
08-14-2003, 11:51 AM
The dvd that Bunny put out of CAB at M.I. is very good. The quality is very good all the way around. They did not pick up Virgil's tom's well in the recording along with his HH IMO. But the footage is good. Virgil plays great for sure not the Absolute best I have ever seen, but he is Virgil so he always plays at least great. He really lays down in the pocket real nice, plays very tastefully and has his solo moments. I believe this was one of the very first times they played together and the band is learning to connect but hey in the end they kick Butt! Get it if you can. There are a few places where Virgil takes his solo break and you see Bunny shaking his head laughing at what Virgil is laying down, like man this guy is CRAZY! how does he do that. Get it if you can.

Kirk

peter
08-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Read my review of the August 8th
show in Chicago, under Clinics and
Performances or Christopher's
announcement, here. I already
ordered it!

Just remember that this is more
Jazz Fusion than Metal Fusion.
That's the only thing I would
want to tell you about BEFORE
you decide to buy it.

Me.2
08-14-2003, 10:21 PM
As Kirk said....Picture and sound very good,..... with Virg being Virg.....the 16 legged octopus. :D

Hip Alien
08-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Where can i order it ? I absolutely want it !!

peter
08-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Here it is, HipAlien and everyone else:

https://www.emlink.net/cgi-bin/invoice/invoice.cgi?item=CAB_DVD&amount=35.00

Hip Alien
08-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks Peter, mucho appreciate it !!

jimi
08-17-2003, 02:27 AM
It's more of a collectors item for me. I mean if you dont have other Virg Vids get them first if you're on a budget. Dont get me wrong, its good(!) but as was mentioned not the best Virg Vid out there. If they recorded that Baked potato gig we got clips of that would be a rippin' DVD!

BrettLee
09-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Err, this may sound abit too much, but would be great if someone here can provide me a short clip of the DVD... So curious to see Virgil!!!! Aarrrghh

rythmtroll
09-05-2003, 03:36 AM
HEY JIMI!!!! I WAS AT THE BAKED POATO GIG IN STUDIO CITY AND IT WAS SUCH A GOOD MEMORY. HE SERIOUSLY WENT OFF ON THAT GIG. HE TRIED EXTRA HARD ON THAT ONE AND HEY IT PAID OFF. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT I WAS ONLY ABOUT OHH.............5 FEET AWAY FROM THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! ILL TELL YOU THIS FROM THE SIDE VIEW LOOKING AT VIRGIL IS LIKE WATCHING A MASTERPIECE MOVE AND ALL YOU CAN REALLY SEE ARE STREAKS OF HIS STICKS AND FEET. ALL OF THIS WHILE HE MANAGES TO STAY SO ALM AND RESERVED . I HAD A BLAST. !!!!!!!!!!

jimi
09-06-2003, 01:35 AM
Major Jealousy rhythmtroll!!!:mad: