PDA

View Full Version : VIRG CD's

quitou
08-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey Fellas,
If you had to pick one CD with virgil on it to buy, which one would it be. I'm gonna buy myself one but I need some recommendations.

jimi
08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
ouch!! i couldnt pick one at all, but if you're looking to hear virg and what he can create, get 'Serious Young Insects' by OTV. it's virg's solo cd. great GREAT stuff, and all who have this CD are absolutely begging Virg for more!:)

peter
08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Well, I would have to choose Planet X' "Moonbabies" or OTV's "Serious Young Insects).

Me.2
08-12-2003, 12:03 AM
I ordered two planet x cds from a company in the states. They should have been here by now and i've a feeling they're not going to arrive.
Contrary to what we usually say here....I'm actually hoping that the customs have them and i've got to pay import duty.....that'll be a small amount than having to re-order again. :(

Please arrive!......Last time the postman put my other discs through someone elses postbox. I bet theres some dude......listening to my X albums right now the Ba*stard! :)

jimi
08-12-2003, 07:08 AM
don't worry me.2, i've ordered lots of stuff from the US and some stuff arrived real soon and other stuff just took AGES:(

peter
08-12-2003, 07:44 AM
While not a whole lot of actual
music is on the STRETCH release,
I get a lot of clear ideas from it
and it gives you a date-line on
Virgil (released in 1995). To think
he was doing that sh-- back then!

Hang in there on those X's. They'll
come and when they do, the will
be worth the wait!

Me.2
08-12-2003, 08:54 AM
I wish i had yours two faith but,..... i noticed the sent receipt and if they printed the postcode before the town and city as on the receipt........thats where they're heading,....to a postcode town! :eek:

I've had other stuff come through since so...thats why i'm PANICKING!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Jimi....you can understand why i wish customs has them and a surcharge is ok right now. I mean....who in their right minds WANTS to pay customs? :eek:

Right now,......i love those fellas if they have'em.

morgenthaler
08-12-2003, 09:33 AM
I also keep my fingers crossed Me.2!!

I recomend Stretch and OTV!

Me.2
08-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by morgenthaler
I also keep my fingers crossed Me.2!!

Thanks "M".....make it both hands though.... full commitment! ;)

Dont forget the new hoekstra disc.....i think his pearl sounds better than the Premiers on Just add water.

Virg you're one funky m***** f******.....if thats ok! :)

kirk
08-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes the man who could not groove his way out of a wet paper bag, astonishlingly wow! he must of just learned how to groove and funk it up in the last year or so NOT!!! this man has been groovy and Funkin it up for along time people, people just got to put down their pathetic short sided perceptions(I am definitely not talking about anyone on this site) swallow their pride and realize this GUY can do it all real well. It just Irk's some guy's that the technique freak with the crazy feet can lay it down greasy and funky or play nice on the pop tune or swing his behind off when he need's to and do it with originality.

You are right Me2 my freind he is a very funky dude on the new Hoekstra album and I really like the sound of his Pearl's too. And I am pulling for you that you get your discs soon, that is to bad if someone has screwed you over, that is not cool at all. Hope it works out soon.

Kirk

rythmtroll
08-12-2003, 07:08 PM
UNIVERSE ALL THE WAY

Me.2
08-13-2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks Kirk :)

No arrival today. :( Its not that i've been screwed over....its that the company has possibly made a postal mistake for my address. My email about this has recieved no reply *swearword*. I accept the site states "Once we ship,,you're responcible and we dont cover loses"...THIS i do accept......but if the Mules have posted to a post code instead of a house address(as per their shipping confirmed email) I consider that that is THEIR error not mine.

Still,....we live an learn.....I'll hope that by friday they've arrived if not.......The members of this board might drown in my Tears! So wear sow-westers(sp?) just in case :D

jimi
08-13-2003, 03:33 AM
i dont think customs would touch them at all, how long have you been waiting, over a month??

Me.2
08-13-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by jimi
i dont think customs would touch them at all, how long have you been waiting, over a month??

Jimi customs have had me a few times.....even on that TUDW dvd they...... arghhhh! Got me....and even with tower records orders i've been lead piped by them:)

The order was shipped Air mail 29th july. I recieve in 7 days 10 Max....all other orders from other places have arrived no problem "In 7 days"....and my last orders from this company were 7 days too.
Thats why i 've got the feeling they're amiss. If customs have them then its a 10 day not 7 day delivery. Its the putting the postcode "AS" an address that has my concern. That would throw the spanner in the works.

I'll just have to wait...but i dont see them sending new ones even though i believe they've cocked up.........

I had crap with them over registering and i thought customer service sucked them but gave them the benefit of the doubt. as the site boasts of better service than amazon what makes me laugh is their failure to return an email. Amazon DO reply to you promptly and dont leave you in the lurch as they did before.

Anyways....i'll have to wait no matter what. but if that postman starts walking in odd time sigs.....I'll know it was him. :p :D

jimi
08-13-2003, 07:29 AM
jeeze, you have crap postal procedures so, i haven't got touched for anything at all, from europe, US or australia, man that sucks, i feel for you:(

Me.2
08-13-2003, 08:33 AM
jeeze, you have crap postal procedures so, i haven't got touched for anything at all, from europe, US or australia, man that sucks, i feel for you:(
lol.....

No jimi sounds like the customs here are pretty GOOD at doing their job unfortunately. Time your guys had a holiday in OUR customs building while ours work at your dept. :D

yeah......when the little note comes through the door and says come and collect the package you've payed to have delivered to your door its a p*sser. The royal mail charged a handling fee of 4 while the imort duty and vat on an item was only 3-83p !

soooooo.....I'm paying an extra 4 to the royal mail for picking up a parcel which i've payed to be delivered to my door and I'm collecting it NO DELIVERY,..... while they get an extra 4 for getting ME to collect it! err.....thats seems about it! :(

Anyway...i'm high jacking this thread which wasnt my intent MY apologies to the thread starter.

Hip Alien
08-13-2003, 08:31 PM
I'd definately recommend the 'OTV'- Serious Insects cd as well !! It's one of my favorite fusion albums. Anyone hear the 'FREAKHOUSE' album yet ?

v1rotate
08-14-2003, 01:28 AM
I would recommend "Serious Young Insects", OTV, I think it has the best overall compositions and probably my favourite musicians as well.

v1rotate
08-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Me.2

I found Moonbabies at the local HMV in Edinburgh. Was wondering if you found it difficult to obtain one via Virgin or HMV?

Me.2
08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by v1rotate
Me.2

I found Moonbabies at the local HMV in Edinburgh. Was wondering if you found it difficult to obtain one via Virgin or HMV?
No V1....i bought because of pricing.....if you surf the net (and they arrive..lol ) they can be had cheaper delivered to your door than HMV ect. I'm fed up paying their rip off prices and dont shop with them anymore. virgin/tower/hmv are just scanking us though sometimes...... they do things cheaper than others?

Its swings and roundabouts..... Moonbabies delivered to my door (LOL not yet!)......11-15p.....Hmv about 14 plus postage

Me.2
08-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Im in shock! They've replied and admitted others from the uk have had probs these last weeks. (dont know why because everything else from the states has come through no probs unless....... on each order they have printed the postcode first on each parcel hey have sent out?).

Anyway, they have accepted responcibility WOO-HOO! and if a week they havent arrived they'll resend or refund! which is a relief for sure.
Virg you might be twice the drummer but i dont want to have to buy twice the discs. :p ;)

jimi
08-16-2003, 02:40 AM
well there you go a happy ending (almost anyway:))
maybe you are right customs are doing there job and very well at that, but im glad the irish customs are busy having tea and watching tv when my cds and tapes and dvds and drumstuff are passing them by:D

Me.2
08-16-2003, 04:11 AM
well there you go a happy ending (almost anyway:))
maybe you are right customs are doing there job and very well at that, but im glad the irish customs are busy having tea and watching tv when my cds and tapes and dvds and drumstuff are passing them by:D
Too busy soaking up the Guinness with lardy bread Jimi thats their problem! :)

Just checked the site and they are out of stock of both discs i had to wait 3 weeks for them others to come in. Looks like i might have to buy from :eek: *cringe* HMV ......arrggghhhh i said it!

jimi
08-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Well what do you end up paying through HMV or Virgin?
Prices here around just over the 20 mark which is pretty standard for your Now thats what i call crap 40 "music" discs.

Me.2
08-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Too much jimi. About 5 - 6 difference which is two cds postage from the states or half another cd. when you buy a few it adds up over a yr...... hence the surf buying.

Euros! what kind of monetary system is that! ;)

jimi
08-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Ya miss the Irish Punt that fought your sterling so well:)
I don't think about budgeting prices when it comes to Virg stuff to be honest, but if it was something else i'd be with you on that one!

Me.2
08-18-2003, 11:10 PM

I don't think about budgeting prices when it comes to Virg stuff to be honest, but if it was something else i'd be with you on that one!
ahhh...but the more you budget the more virg you can buy. Then,..... you can buy Virgually anything! ;)

Me.2
08-22-2003, 02:37 AM
Sadly my two Virg discs have failed to arrive....gutted would be an understatement as its been near 6weeks waiting in total.
But Such is life.

I've reordered again and hopefully if they dont sell the one remaining universe copy in stock,...... i'll have them by next week.
:)

I think i could need a new laser for my cd, player i've played the Hoekstra disc THAT much ! :D

Me.2
08-23-2003, 12:43 AM
err....they arrived TODAY! After i emailed the company to resend them just yesterday they arrive today..... just past their OWN deadline!
How odd is that! So, i'm all virged up WOO-HOO!!!!!

kirk
08-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Glad you finally received them. I am sure it was worth the wait.

Kirk

Me.2
08-23-2003, 03:05 AM
Thanks Kirk. :)

I dont have speakers on my computer so i cant check people audio stuff out around the web. :( Its the first time i've just heard/listened to..... Dog boots which is INCORRECTLY titled and should be NOW be renamed......The Dogs B****ks!!!!!!!!

Virg.....you aint normal m8!!!!!!! And if johnberg can do this s*it neither is he. :)

jimi
08-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Glad to hear too Me.2. What exactly did you order??

Me.2
08-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear too Me.2. What exactly did you order??
Two of the X albums jimi....Uni & babies. Awaitng serious young Ins from the land of Aus

jimi
08-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Moonbabies is my favourite of the X albums. Ataraxia, Interlude in Milan, Ground Zero have some great concepts on the drums. I think you got them in the right order though, because this will build you up for the ultimate cd ... SYI!! Man that CD rocks to drum heaven and back. put some masking tape on your ears though cos they'll get blown away!
ok i'll stop now, but it is GREAT!:D