PDA

View Full Version : Virgil,TJ,Ricc and Brett dvd...

maggimus
09-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Has anyone seen the dvd from Musicians Institute in 1998 featuring Virgil,TJ Helmerich,Ricc Fierabracci and Brett Garsed? Just got a copy of it and it's pretty cool! I'd like to hear your thoughts about it if anyone else has it. :)

frank
09-07-2004, 05:29 AM
where did u get it? sounds cool!

maggimus
09-07-2004, 07:01 AM
EBAY...Got it from some guy in Japan:)

jimi
09-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Yasu, yeah he sells that, i emailed him and asked him, and according to him Virgil gave those to him (??). He sell the corea/pattituci/colaiuta in the blue note tokyo DVD and a steve smith one too, with frank gambale.
As for the MI DVD, the music is grand, the solo is great!!!

maggimus
09-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah I agree w/you jimi the songs are really cool.It's pretty funny when Joel Hoekstra comes on stage and TJ sings the blues tune..

jimi
09-07-2004, 08:59 AM
I think he should stay with the guitar to be honest!! I love Ric's bass playing too, as always ...

jsuplicki
09-07-2004, 10:04 AM
I was thinking of picking that DVD up but wasn't sure on the quality. Looks like now I'll have to get it from the great reviews here.

maggimus
09-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah TJ isn't the greatest singer in the world but what the heck..:) My dvd has some minor sound problems,I think it's during Brett Garsed's solo in the second song where the volume turns down a bit ..is it the same w/your copy Jimi?

rythmtroll
09-07-2004, 04:21 PM
I want it!!!!.......Now!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimi
09-08-2004, 02:28 AM
I dont think so, i also received an audio boot of it some time after, its basically the audio ripped from a video copy. I think Yasu, copies them over from VHS tape to DVD. my copy is sourced elsewhere so i think it's pretty much grand. I have a spare NTSC vid copy if anyone wants it?

blackzoner
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
That dvd-r is incredible! I love hearing Virgil's playing & great solo on it! I also like hearing TJ/Garsed/Fierbracci play together! TJ even gets to sing on a blues tune that special guest(on this 1 song)Joel Hoekstra plays guitar on. Brett makes a comment that
Joel graduated from MIT & someone from the school & Brett both announce that they have ALOT of cd's for sale & that one person(I can't hear his name)would be happy to get rid of his! Funny.

Yeah i've seen this go for $30 dollars US on Ebay, so someone is making money off these boots. I didn't pay for mine but traded for it & am damned glad I have it! It's great! A very clear pic/sound quality, & it's shot from different camera's at different angles which is great! But obviously the director didn't know what he was doing!