PDA

View Full Version : how do you guys keep your drumming quiet?

drumaster311
07-17-2004, 09:17 PM
like in a neighborhood, so you dont get complaints from neighbors and such

Johnny
07-17-2004, 09:32 PM
I rent a rehearsal studio. But, living in a house, your drumming shouldn't be any louder than, say, your neighbor's lawn mower. Is there a conflict with yours?

drumaster311
07-17-2004, 09:45 PM
well Im planning on getting one, but my parents always seem to find a conflict. That is one of them

Cesar
07-17-2004, 09:54 PM
I live in an apartment, so its eletronic drums..or no drums. But even so,the bass drum seems to bother my downstairs neighboors sometimes.

pracetjusdoit
07-17-2004, 10:22 PM
okay, dude, i fell were you are coming from. I attented M.I. (where virgil practices like al the time,), anyways i had to live in appartements. So when you drum, it has to be quiet. Well i fortunatley got the chance to ask virgil, and he told i could use those "Quiet Tone" brand pads that he uses, or , this is what i did, is i went out and bought those foam silent tone pads. Then i would tune all of my playing side heads low. That just builds your chops.But if this doesn't work, well dude different thing happen to different people, for different reasons!

drumaster311
07-17-2004, 11:36 PM
ok cool, thanks guys...but how much are those quiet tone pads?

jimi
07-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Check www.sabian.com. I have them aswell for cymbals, bass drum, and the drums themselves. The bass drum mute is the least affective, then the cymbals, but the actual pads are great on the drums. If you have the money, just get an electronic kit, the sounds are more pleasant on the ear than clangs and rumbles!

Johnny
07-18-2004, 06:04 AM
They also sell mesh heads like the ones on VDrums. They don't make any noise at all.

alencore
07-21-2004, 02:08 PM
well, i might sell my drums but not my pratice kit. they are silent enough and you can hit them as hard as you like. its how i got to develop my stamina on playing drums like most ppl do i think aside from saving the wear and tear of drum parts.

Lad.
07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
How do I play quiet? Lemme see....I DON'T. Lucky me for living in the country.

alencore
07-30-2004, 02:15 AM
hehe....that's really cool Lad! i think i'll try for once play in the middle of a rice field...LOL!

peter
07-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Digital Drums. I think they're essential.

STAVROPOULOS
08-04-2004, 04:55 AM
hello guys!
hey master,i had problems with some neighbours,cause we have a garage door that works like a loudspeaker,because of the material that it's made of!So,i put(actually,i hanged)over it some thick longhaired rug and now everything is ok!it really works!if u r gonna try it and need some.....''technical'':)advise on how to do this ,just post!
See u!