PDA

View Full Version : Virgil is:

Adam
07-28-2003, 08:38 PM
hands down the best drummer I've ever heard in my life. I think he really is the best drummer to have ever lived...just thought I'd share that.;)

jimi
07-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Not just his drumming but his approach, he really has something to say, and he inpires me not just to be dedicated on the drums but in life too, everything in my life leads to drums and Virgil:)

alencore
07-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Yes indeed Master VD is one of the best drummer.

Adam
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
I mean he IS the best hehe. jimi, I know exactly what you're saying. I've tried to be deciplined not only with drumming, but in all aspects of my life cause of Virgil!

jimi
07-31-2003, 01:57 PM
I mean i'm not aiming to flatter the guy, but i really do admire him. It seems weird to use words like idol and stuff, but hey, Virg you are the MAN!!:D

Adam
08-01-2003, 04:09 PM
jimi

agreed :D

peter
08-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Virgil is definitely the bar, when it
comes to the physical command of
the drum kit. I have never seen the
control, the likes of which he has and
over all the limbs. He is a gift to us all.

jimi
08-02-2003, 02:52 PM
LoL a gift, that he is, mama i want Virgil for Christmas(!), tell Santa i've been a good boy!!:D

Me.2
08-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by peter
Virgil is definitely the bar, when it
comes to the physical command of
the drum kit. I have never seen the
control, the likes of which he has and
over all the limbs. He is a gift to us all.

Thomas lang is no slouch either jimi.....one of the most amazing clinics i've seen on "control" of the instrument. That'll also be one hot dvd when its released and,.....like virg he can only get better.

jimi
08-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Oh i know, i hope i hope i've money to get that and Minnemann's DVD soon, i have a clinic with them in the Generation X Trio (w/Rabb) which is very good and there will be a DVD of that out too!!

quitou
08-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Virgil got my vote for best all around drummer in the modern drummer readers poll...i guess other people didn't quite see it that way...oh well.

kirk
08-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Virgil is inspiration in so many ways. To the eyes, ears, the mind the emotions, to the spirit he is an inspiration. He is the WHOLE
PACKAGE. And on top of that he is a very real, humble, kind, grounded person. He is not a perfect person but who is. But his ability, his dedication, his passion, his vision along with being a good guy makes him stand out for sure.

Kirk