PDA

View Full Version : What supplements does VIRGIlL DONATI take before a gig.???

rythmtroll
07-28-2003, 09:35 AM
If you go to VIRGILS website and go to the GALLERY, click on "VIRGIL BACKSTAGE", its the picture of him looking at he camera with his stcks shredding on his practice pads. You will see that there are 3 containers in front of him. What are they??? If anyone has any information please feel free to tell me. I think that they could be some sort of Ginko or something. Not sure though. Rythmtroll here signing out.

Adam
07-28-2003, 10:37 AM
I believe one is "E" and the other two are Vitamin X and Acid...kidding hehe

Christopher
07-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Hey Rhythmtroll,

Those little containers were simply vitamins. They weren't supplements or anything funky like that.

You're talking about this picture right?:
http://www.virgildonati.com/images/gallery/pxmontreal2001/virgbackstage01.jpg

Me.2
07-28-2003, 11:42 PM
Christopher, a vitamin or multi-vitamin IS a supplement.

If you are eating nornal foods for their vitamin & mineral content and take EXTRA or.....are not eating the right foods and take something then,...... you are supplimenting your vitamin & mineral intake.

Not a bad thing whatsoever either way. :)

Christopher
07-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the correction Me.2, but the way rhythmtroll was asking it, I thought he wanted to know if he was in fact using some over the top supplements that would make him become the hulk of drumming after swallowing it.

Now that I look at it, I think some vitamins do help you in more ways than others.

But yeah, they were vitamins :)

Me.2
07-29-2003, 10:58 AM
I guess we'll wait for the question now....Would you take a bullet or a supplement pill for virgil......Joke! :D

justlikerock
07-29-2003, 03:52 PM
i go for the vitamins...
they keep you alert..
and when you dont eat much,you need them
i dont want a bullet!
what a strange topic
im just a girl but if was there in a crowd i go hit the guy,who wants to hurt virgil..
i protect him
lol
ilse..

alencore
07-29-2003, 08:51 PM
cool! finally a girl drummer. what's your ASL...hahaha...just joking.

Remember ppl imo once you hit the 40's like Master VD is you need all the help you can get in terms of staying in tip top condition.

Me.2
07-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Age is a state of Mind..... which is why some 40yr olds sit on a couch and other 65yr olds are Running marathons.

If you think you cant.... then you probably cant. Why are children fed vitamins in their food now.... are THEY old? No.....they're just good for you.... ;)

justlikerock
07-30-2003, 07:35 AM
haha well im not really a drummer girl,i just like the music..
and i think that virgil is in a very good condition..
if you eat good and dont drink too much beer,you can get very old and still do lots of things

ilse

Me.2
07-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by justlikerock

and i think that virgil is in a very good condition..

lol.....that makes virgil sound like he's a Horse.....:D

Sorry....back to serious mode......Yes,.. vitamins can be a benefit.

rythmtroll
07-30-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone!! So I guess they are vitamins. Thats cool. Trolls are alergic to vitamins so I guess Im screwed. Does anyone know what kind of vitamins they are? And yes Christopher, that is the picture. Gotta love the sticks and bass pedals on that one . He's so casual and yet the picture looks so intense. Personally I like to eat have a good amount of protein and not be too full before a gig. Taking a good nap before a gig really makes you feel energized and relaxed. It also makes ya feel nice and light on the kit. Thats important in drumming. You all should check out my philosophy on rest and how its a key factor in feeling strong and light. Its under "Tips and Tecniques". Go check it out. Who knows, it may help you. It really helps me.......AND IM A TROLL FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thanks again all you Virgil supporters. Keep playin drums and keep the cool advice and comments commin in. RythmTroll here signing out.