PDA

View Full Version : Shadrane: New Prog Band w/Virg!!

jimi
07-27-2003, 04:17 PM
This is originally posted by miltos on the PX forum and i thought you guys would like to hear about it.:)

The 2 musicians (Tony and Virgil) as also taking part in a NEW PROJECT called Shadrane "Neurastasia" (http://www.shadrane.com/) and Lion Music is the label which signed the band for the european territory too. An mp3 sample (featuring Virgil) can be found in the band's site. Check it out.

Great News!!:D

STAVROPOULOS
07-28-2003, 05:10 AM
hey jimi!i entered that site and it is indeed a project mentioning virgil's name amongst the others!but let's hope he REALLY will play and in addition,not play only in one song!the other musicians are very cool too!let's see!i hope the it won't happen to be like the explorer's club....see you jimi!

jimi
07-28-2003, 03:08 PM
I got the impression he was a band member not just a guest musician so hopefully so, as you said we'll have to wait and see!!:)

jimi
08-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Another post by Miltos on the PX forum:

About the "Shadrane" album ... i contacted Mark Boals and this is what he told me "Well, they are using my name obviously, but I have not received any music or contract for this project up to now.
I know Tony doesn't know about it either.
They seem to use everyone's name first, and then get them to participate later".
Regarding the new Ring Of Fire CD with Virgil and Tony (of course) "Ring Of Fire, we are currently working in the studio on the new songs as I speak to you.
It will be a true masterpiece this time!!!". 2003/2004 are going to be great years for the fans of progressive/metal/rock music. This is for sure.

Can't wait for the ROF release!!

STAVROPOULOS
08-05-2003, 04:39 AM
hehe,that's why i told u that we should hope that he REALLY will play,cause here in the news nothing was mentioned!oh yeah,the next rof release will be 100% satisfying!
hails !

jimi
08-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Virg has already contributed so it is definite my friend!! I just don't know is it on the whole album or just that one song, it is the other artists mentioned that aren't confirmed yet.

STAVROPOULOS
08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
oh i see!i wrote the previous message because there was not a single sentence regarding virgil's contribution by you and having in mind mark's words made me think that virgil and tony would possibly play and possibly not play(50-50 chance).but maybe virgil finished recording the drums today as i see by the date you informed us,or i forgot something to read (ooops!)and i must apologise!
hails!

jimi
08-07-2003, 03:46 PM
It did get confusing with all the whos a member or what stuff. Virg is the most important addition in my opinion!!:D

STAVROPOULOS
08-08-2003, 05:10 AM
I AM GLAD YOU AGREE AND FOR SURE VIRGIL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ADDITION,INDEED!YOU WOULDN'T HAVE POSTED THE NEWS HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR VIRGIL!!:)

morgenthaler
08-15-2003, 06:49 AM
I just went in and had a listen to the shadrane clip with Virgil!
I find it very very interesting!
what do you guys think??

jimi
08-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Suits Virg down to the ground i think, i didn't like freakhouse at all, maybe cos i dont want to hear straight ahead metal when virg can do so much more. I personally am really looking forward to this release:D

Ryu2992
09-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey.. I think that would probably interest you ppl wondering about this project. There's been a special announcement on their site :

SHADRANE & THE ARTISTS NAMES: Just a little note to remind you that we don't show anymore the "EXPECTED FEATURE LIST" (artists that agreed to work on the CD, but didn't record yet), because this brought a lot of persons into confusion (including the performers themselves). We apologize for that and now only announce artists that ALREADY RECORDED. You will find this list into the BAND SECTION. (Of course there is no reason to use the promotion of artists that didn't actually start/finish their recordings, WE ARE NOT USING THEIR NAMES FOR GLORY AND FAME. Vivien only choose his favorite performers to play on his CD, nothing less, nothing more)

The OFFICIAL list includes:

Anders Johansson (HammerFall / Ex-Malmsteen)
John Macaluso (Ark / Ex-TNT)
Matt Bissonette (Joe Satriani)
Mike Terrana (Artension)
Tommy Denander (RadioActive)
Virgil Donati (Planet X)

So Virgil is definitely playing on it, and according to the news there would be 2 songs featuring him already. Now I think that the other guests are pretty interesting. This sounds like it's going to be a CD for drummers ;)

jimi
09-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Ya i read that vivien would post this from the ROF board. fans asked tony mac and mark himself and they heard nothing about it. vivien is a member there too and never meant for the confusion, hence this message.
dont worry we knew virg was definite as he had already recorded!

Ryu2992
09-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Ok ok ok anyway there's a long wait for this release :(
Does somebody knows if Virgil is planning to make a new solo record? I would love to.

Devilicious Pem
10-29-2003, 10:49 AM
I'm very much looking forward to the Shadrane release! Not just 'cause Virgil is playing on it, but also because one of my very favourite guitarists Joop Wolters [be sure to check out his stuff at www.joopwolters.com !] plays a big part in this project!

Love the sample with Virg by the way, sounds great :D

peter
10-29-2003, 11:08 AM
I can't wait! :)

Smellymetal
04-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Man, Joop Wolters would have been awesome replacement for Tony Macalpine in PlanetX. He already opened for them one time in Holland. Great stuff :cool:
PS -- YES Mark Boals and Tony Macalpine are not going to appear on Shadrane, my manager simply gave up but we have nice replacements also. I'm just sad tho. :rolleyes:

I'm very much looking forward to the Shadrane release! Not just 'cause Virgil is playing on it, but also because one of my very favourite guitarists Joop Wolters [be sure to check out his stuff at www.joopwolters.com !] plays a big part in this project!

Love the sample with Virg by the way, sounds great :D

Miltos
04-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Joop Wolters' personal album which got released through Lion Music is a masterpiece. Its only negative point is that it is a very short album you know (i am talking about duration of course). Hahahahaha, the other day i received an e-mail by the amazing French guitarist Cyril Achard you know, who was asking me about Tony's departure from Planet X and that he is also interested to replace them in the band (if they would do an audition or something like this).
"Hello,
Tony has left Planet X !!
Why ?
Hey, if they look for a guitar player call me !
I'd love to do it !".

I have also listened very carefully to Joop Wolters' work with Arabesque you know - very good band but i personally prefer and like more his personal album (it included very good songs for sure).

vdreignsuponus1
04-10-2004, 08:56 AM
well, to see tony and virg working together once again with something other than PX and Vai is cool to me. haha, cant wait to hear it, ill be first in line!:D

and besides..the release of this album must mean..TOUR!!!

Miltos
04-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Tony and Virgil are playing in the upcoming Ring Of Fire CD. Nobody knows yet when this album is coming out. I am not sure about this - i guess only the band members know it ... but i have the idea that more than 60% of the CD is recorded and finished. I think Virgil's parts must be finished since last August/September. I doubt it will be released earlier than August, so we must all be a little patient. There's probably going to be a CAB live CD sometime. And i really don't know if Tony's thinking about working with Virgil on his upcoming personal album (if he will ever decide to record it of course) since they toured as the Power Trio in Europe a couple of years ago. I am sure there are going to come out albums featuring Tony and Virgil playing together, in the future. Hopefully Derek will decide to release a live CD sometime through Inside Out - he was the one who told me that he recorded most of his shows last year for an upcoming album (and let me remind you that his band's line up was Tony MacAlpine, Philip Bynoe and Jonathan Mover).

vdreignsuponus1
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
omg, i cannot wait for ring of fire's new album. virgil donati..george bellas..ahhh! both of them masters of their instrument..and that amazing keyboardist..which who i cannot pronounce his name..yeah..lol! ahhh, its gonna be hardcore!:D

Miltos
04-10-2004, 10:54 AM
GEORGE BELLAS??? George Bellas is not a member of Ring Of Fire. You confused things or maybe you miss a couple of changes that took place in the Ring Of Fire camp. George Bellas played in "The Oracle" and then he was dismissed because he couldn't follow the band in the Japanese tour (trouble with his VISA). Tony MacAlpine replaced him, he became a permanent member of the band and they recorded and released "Burning Live In Tokyo" 2 CDs/DVD and then "Dreamtower". The keyboard player you are talking about is none other than Vitalij Kuprij of course (from Ukraine). Vitalij Kuprij left the band as soon as "Dreamtower" was released due to musical and personal differences (there is a lot of "backstage" history though and i must inform you about this) and STEVE WEINGART (Dave Weckl Band, CAB) replaced him. Ring Of Fire began recording their new and upcoming album last August/September with the following line up ...
Mark Boals : vocals
Tony MacAlpine : guitars, keyboards
Steve Weingart : keyboards, piano
Philip Bynoe : bass
Virgil Donati : drums

King Records is going to release it in Japan. No record label is set yet for a european release, but it will come out possibly through the italian Frontiers Records.

vdreignsuponus1
04-10-2004, 02:10 PM
ahhh, ur right. i had my mind on the oracle because one of my friends was begging for it. he's a hardcore bellas. he's a member of the board but..eh..not a very frequent poster. idk, its hard to keep up with bellas. i need to go to his site a little more often. sry again..oracle oracle..ahhh!

Miltos
04-10-2004, 02:24 PM
It seems that the news is really good for Ring Of Fire. I just checked the band's site and it is finally updated. It mentions that Mark Boals is working really hard to finish the new album, hoping to have it read by the end of next month and that the band had a photo session on the 10th of April. This is really good. I sincerely can't wait to listen to Tony MacAlpine/Virgil Donati/Steve Weingart playing together. I have extremely high expectations from this album ... i guess it's going to be the prefect combination of high quality neoclassical metal and great progressive fusion rock. Last time Virgil composed a few songs and they sounded awesome ... hopefully this time he had the chance to do even crazier things. I am already counting the days for this one.

Smellymetal
04-12-2004, 02:29 AM
George Bellas played in "The Oracle" and then he was dismissed because he couldn't follow the band in the Japanese tour (trouble with his VISA).

I would have hang myself right away :) *gasp!!!*

Miltos
04-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Well, according to Mark's words, everyone knew about this tour long time before (and this is true because i remember the announcement took place sometime in October i think, while the band toured Japan in February) and George didn't do a thing to fix the problem with his VISA and the band was about to cancel everything (they also knew they were going to record a live CD and DVD). But everything ended up in an amazing way, right? Tony is THE MAN.

vdreignsuponus1
04-12-2004, 02:11 PM
eh, that's still a shame though. im quite a large bellas fan myself and its hurt to think of what it would have been like if that was me..ahhhh! man, sry george!:)

Miltos
04-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Have you listened to "Venomous Fingers"??? What do you think about it? Is this what you expected from George Bellas? Do you know that he began recording this album back in 1999 and he has been working on it (somehow) ALL THESE YEARS? I think "Mind Over Matter" was a very good neoclassical shredding CD, but the new one ... i hate drum machines.

vdreignsuponus1
04-13-2004, 03:53 AM
i think venemous fingers was not one of his best..but still good. and mind over matter is probably my favorite. i dont actually own mind over matter but i have a burnt copy of it. (friend that's a bellas fan). i had no idea he had been working on venemous fingers for that long! although, i like the name and the artwork on that cd, very creative..mhm. still..mind over matter was probably his best..IMO!:D

haha, yes, drum machines r the devils advocate!:D

Smellymetal
04-13-2004, 12:42 PM
AHHH then it's not the same. I thought the guy knew about his VISA being fucked up at the last minute. O.K. that's not the same indeed :D
Btw Miltos, hey....there are going to be REAL drums on Joop's new album. This one is as much wicked than Alex's next masterpiece, i can tell you this FOR SURE. Wow, two new instrumental CD's to give "fresh air" in the genre, THE NEW BLOOD'S HERE! Cool...

DJ_Sewell
04-16-2004, 09:35 PM
damn it, i was waiteing for that ring of fire cd. i love bellas. where can i find it? its not at guitar9! i think theres some beef between ring of fire and george. on the ring of fire site george isnt in the links, but on of his bands are and other guitar players that have nothing to do with the band are in there. that to me says somethings is proberly stired up between them. but idk really. i love Tony. but love george bellas and im kinda pissed about it. so was it george's fault? thats what i want to know really! :)