PDA

View Full Version : Double Pedal Mapex P-380

Matias
06-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi everyone, im going to buy a new double pedal, cause i have double bass drums, and im feeling quite unconfortable; so yesterday, i went through a music store near my house, and i saw this double pedal, its price is cheap, so im not sure about its quality. Sadly, I had no chance to try them out, so i wanted to know if any of you had, and how you felt and what do you think about them.

Matus
06-03-2004, 07:33 AM
To be honest, I don't like Mapex pedals AT ALL. Their new Ergo thing isn't that great and feels awkward to use. The lower lines aren't much better...
I'd rather go for a Pearl model. They have re-designed the whole pedal line and even lowered the prices, now even the cheapest pedal (P120) is a great working one. The footboard is similar to the Eliminator, the adjustment options are more interesting... Check em out if you can.

Matias
06-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Ok, ill, thanks A LOT for your opinion!

peter
06-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Do not buy for price.

STAVROPOULOS
06-05-2004, 05:18 AM
hello all!
hey matias,i own the MAPEX P-980 double pedal and i can tell you that it is great!i have played in a studio on a DW 5000 and i saw that mine was feeling much more better!Well,the adjustments that you will do will play a vital role,but as Peter said,do not buy for price,right?please look for 980,it is really good,u won't regret it,but the final choice is yours!
hope you find out which pedal to buy soon pal,bye!

Matias
06-06-2004, 03:36 AM
well, thaks everyone, i just went to the music shop, tried them out, and i liked them a lot, of course there must be something about them that makes them be inferior to a lot of other pedals, but that was what i could afford.

Thanks everyone again, and keep sharing your thoughts mis amigos.

peter
06-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Hey, if you played them and they felt good
and you performed, they're it! It is about
you, not about me or anyone else. :D

I have been playing my Iron-Cobras lately
and let me tell you, it has really fine action,
with quad-beaters.

In the final result, we have to make it hap-
pen and with what we have.

All the more power to you, man!

Kinetic drummer
06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
I dont know... but.. a long time ago, i used to buy cheap gear.
i bought the dw 7000, and at first itas super cool, then... i dont know.. it started to have a very weird feel. i didnt know what happened. the same for mapex. i have the tama iron cobras now.. and 2 years and counting... an i am careless about pedal maintenance.

the same with snares.. they sound awesome for 3 months. and then... WHERE THE HELL IS THE SOUND!
sometimes its my ear i gues.. but that is true... thats the thing that maybe make them cheaper that the good gear.

davidseung
06-07-2004, 11:29 PM
I have a Mapex P980 pedal and im trying my best to get rid of it for an eliminator..

as i always say...

Mapex drums are great.. but their hardware IMO is lacking, and has failed on me numourous times. I currently play Mapex drums with Pearl Hardware.

The pedal hasnt been replaced yet, but it will be a strap eliminator.

IMO, no company comes close to Pearl in hardware... not even DW IMO... I may get a DW kit nexy, but I will still use Pearl Hardware for sure.

rockstar
06-12-2004, 06:07 PM
stay away from mapex pedals, i owned one for about a month. i got really upset because it wasnt smooth and comfertable to me. I ended up buying an Iron Cobra and its amazing!