PDA

View Full Version : "drums of thought" trailer

vdreignsuponus1
05-16-2004, 04:07 PM
those of u who r fans of mike portnoy and who have seen the "drums of thought" trailer off of his website, will know what im talking about.

at the VERY end of the trailer when the screen goes black, u can hear mike portnoy say something. it sounds like he says "howdy 5000 G" but y?!

does anyone know what im talking about?!

Milo Porto
05-16-2004, 08:48 PM
i have no idea..but all i can say to that is..maaaaan portnoy is tight when recording those songs maaaan!! ...spot on man... *thumbs up* reason #127 why portnoy is one of my favourite drummers..! ;)

jimi
05-17-2004, 01:26 AM
I ordered that DVD so i'm looking forward to seeing it! I thought it would be better than getting the actual album

dogboots
05-17-2004, 08:49 AM
maaaaan portnoy is tight when recording those songs maaaan!! ...spot on man...

Would be cool if Portnoy played half that tight live... ;) Especally in the last years, he playes so sloppy live on tour. (Not on official live stuff)
Gues heīs just been spoilt. Reached a lot.... And no need to give 100% period.

Donīt understand me wrong, Portnoy used to be my main influence and I do still dig him and his drumming.

Cheers, Yannic

alencore
05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
that dvd shld have or a bonus cd containing minus the drum tracks so ppl can play along the original materials.

To dogboots...if portnoy has his sloppy moments oh man, like they always say...you're only as good as your last performance is. a sloppy playing is a no no if i paid tickets well on their gigs. anyway may be he was only sloppy on some few songs.

Milo Porto
05-17-2004, 11:50 AM
we are all human....prone to mistakes!! *cough*well....except for virg...he is an alien. *cough*

alencore
05-20-2004, 10:14 AM
haha..Milo the ever so MP protective.